Saturday 18 December 2010

Police update

I had a phone call from the police re the London incident. They asked me if I wanted to press charges as the guy who'd been spat and rammed by the taxi decided he didn't want to. I have to say I wasn't at all surprised by this, as the poor guy couldn't speak very good English and going to court would have been difficult for him.

My decision was not to go to court. But I also asked that the authorities (taxi ones that is) give the taxi driver a warning. I hope I've done the right thing and the taxi driver never behaves like he did again.

But of course having made the decision I'm now beset with worries that it was the right decision. I know I did the right thing in helping the Turkish guy in the first place, and also that I called the police and reported the incident. But it's difficult to know that decisions are the right ones. But it's made now. Done and dusted.

The only thing I won't do is get into a taxi with the license plate T 273 AGH, and I advise you all to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment