Wednesday 29 September 2010

What a difference a week makes

We have one of those automatic lights that you can set to come on. This is partly so that those up to no good will think that we're home, but also because it's so nice to come into a house that has a light on (ok I know this is a waste of electricity - but it is an eco friendly bulb).

Well last night I was sitting watching TV around 6.30 and couldn't work out why it was so dark in the living area, and thought the light wasn't working. But then was informed that the light wasn't due to come on until 7. It made me realise that the nights are drawing in now.

However, having not had to go to work for almost a week and leaving at my usual time of 6.45 am, I was particularly shocked this morning to find that it was dark out there. So it's not just the nights, but the mornings too.

It's not going to be too long before I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark. Oh joy of joys.

1 comment:

  1. I had exactly the same experience tonight! I don't like it either.
    Lx

    ReplyDelete