Monday 5 April 2010

Avoidance

I'm now waiting for my beloved to come home.

Consequently the 'great tidy' has been upon me and I've spent the whole day so far cleaning, washing, watering plants, polishing leaves, and generally getting to grips with things.

Good things do come of this though, as I've mended the vacuum cleaner with the aid of the Dyson online help system. I would've done it faster if I'd typed in the right model and only just in time realised my error as I was about to take off the front bar with a coin. I couldn't find the place the coin was supposed to go into and was about to start with the 'other' method (using force), when it dawned on me that perhaps I hadn't got the right one. That'll teach me to go by the pics and not look at the numbers! Still all good now and the floor is looking a treat.

I've even made the pizza topping for tonight courtesy of The Good Housekeeping Step-by-Step Vegetarian Cookbook, with only minor variations as I didn't have any pine nuts or fresh thyme, but it tastes great anyway.

So, is this the way to spend a dreary Easter Monday? A bit sad? Well maybe... but anything's better than getting to grips with my end of year tax paperwork, and just in case you want further evidence of just how far I'll go to avoid the dreaded end of year accounts, I'm now off to watch a recording of Four Weddings and a Funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment