Monday 26 June 2017

The evidence

Today I was sent a link, by a friend, on Facebook. It was of our visit to Lothian Buses last week. Apart from spelling my surname wrong and not doing the promised... which was to pick a picture that made me look good... it's rather nice to see that the bus people were happy with us.

Diesel and me with the bus people

On Saturday we started out by going to the Farmers Market especially to buy tomatoes only to discover the tomato people were at the Royal Highland Show. Very disappointing. But then it was clock-time.


I'd had a phone call from the clock man on Friday to say the clocks were good to go. Much to everyone's surprise the new bits had arrived in record time and so, on Saturday at midday, clocks were installed and at 11 minutes past they were telling the right time. It's lovely to get my house back to looking good again.

Back to normal

To celebrate the new clocks, my neighbours came round for a glass or two of Prosecco, which turned into a lot of glasses of Prosecco! We had fun and that's all I'm saying about that.

Sunday we paid a visit to my good friends, Shirley and Andy. Poor Shirley had done her knee in and was in worse shape than me with my foot. We spent some time commiserating and a lot of time eating and enjoying sitting in their conservatory. And then it was home before all those people decided to go home from the Royal Highland Show and clog up the Edinburgh By-pass. I managed it... just.

I have just one more week to go before I head for my annual jolly to France. Can't wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment