Friday 20 May 2016

Time in Thailand

Here I am in beautiful Hua Hin. It took me several days to get over my jet lag, but I'm well and truly past that now. I didn't have any work for the first few days, which might or might not have been a good thing, but I've been working on my tan instead!

It took me a day or two to realise that where I'd been put in regards to rooms wasn't great for me as it meant I didn't have access to a balcony, but that was remedied and now I have the same room I had last year, so that feels familiar and rather lovely. The new building where I was originally has no openable windows, a great shower room and very strong air con. The old building, where I am now, has windows that I can open leading on to my balcony, an old shower and pretty ropey air con, but I know which I prefer by far. Apparently when I do my second stint I'll be in a different room, but still in the old building, so that's good.

And the last couple of days I've had clients to see and classes to teach so I'm feeling much better about eating my weight in food and spending my liberal spare time on my balcony. One minor problem is that I only have a high backed chair to sit on out there so it means my front is getting nicely tanned, while my back is pretty white. This will, I hope, be remedied when I have my day off. Because I've suddenly become popular I discovered today when I went to book my time out that I had clients right up til Tuesday, so I got that in there pdq before I found myself without a day off at all, which wouldn't do.

The food here is just fantastic and very 'clean'. They cook with no oil, sugar or salt and just use herbs and spices to make everything very tasty and is probably one of the best cuisines I've ever tasted, but I'm sorry to so say I hived my arse off down to the local Tesco (yes there's one here - but called Lotus Tesco) to buy some rather tasty cheesy crisp things. It wouldn't do for my system to become overloaded with purely good food now would it? I don't think I'd be able to sustain that habit at home!

When I got here it was just like I'd not been away. All the staff are the same and I was greeted with hugs and kisses. Even the General Manager came to say hi to me, so I felt truly welcomed.

Here's a couple of pics for you... tho having a camera is not allowed, so I had to sneak them, which is why they're probably not that clear, but will give you an impression of what it's like here.

Looking out to the Gulf of Thailand over the courtyard

One of the beautiful trees that I can see on my way to work

No comments:

Post a Comment