Friday 7 February 2014

Off on a jolly with a bit of Zen included

I'm off to Dumfries to hang out with a couple of OU pals for the weekend. A hot-tub beckons along with some wine and probably a whole lot of not-so-good-for-me food. We're celebrating Christmas (cos we couldn't make it before Christmas last year), New Year, Burns Night, Easter and any other celebration we can think of. Can't wait!

Meanwhile, I finished Instructions For A Heatwave by Maggie O'Farrell. I liked it a lot. I loved the way she weaved each family member's backstory into the storyline. Although others have criticised her lack of conclusive ending, it struck a chord with me. A very good read.

Before I do head off I wanted to tell you some exciting news and that is that my little book 'START to Stress Less' has had a mention in Nicola Morgan's brand new newsletter, which is all about wellbeing and happiness and teenagers (if you're interested in her newsletter you have to sign up for it and you can do so here). She also talks about me (in very flattering terms - she said I oozed Zen!) and my book (also in very flattering terms and I quote: 'a great pocket book full of practical tips for managing stress, which I strongly recommend. The writing is concise, crisp and unpatronising').
Apparently my book is to be the focus of a slot in the next newsletter.

There was just one teeny tiny problem and that is Nicola's idea that Mindfulness requires less practice than meditation... I almost freaked at that one, but then decided to try and live up to her view of me and calmed down and emailed her a correction which she tells me is going to go into the next newsletter.

Ok that's me away now, off to practice being Zen, partying and a whole lot more. I'm back on Sunday and I can promise you I won't be telling all!

No comments:

Post a Comment