Friday 14 October 2011

Could someone tell me...?

I know I've mentioned this before, but now I'm really worried. What the hell has happened to 2011? I mean there I was in January with all thoughts of all the things I wanted to accomplish in my last year in my 50's, and before I know where I am, it's mid October, and if I look at my list I've not managed to accomplish very much at all. In fact I seem to lurch from one month to the next without passing 'Go' and collecting my £200.

Take holidays for example:

I've been looking forward to this month as, on Monday, I'm off to the Venice Biennale (with Spin, the arts club I belong to in Edinburgh) via a couple of days in Milan (along with my friend, N). Sounding good? Well I'm sure it will be, but I'm not ready. At the beginning of the year when I booked this I had loads of time to plan and get everything I needed together, but now it's days away. Am I sorted? No. Do I have a clue what I'm going to be doing? No. Have I looked at any travel books? No. And add to this next month. I'm off on a 'trip of a lifetime' to South Africa to meet up with Tracy Mc and go road tripping. Am I sorted? No. Do I have a clue what I'm going to be doing? No. Have I looked at any travel books? No. And when I get back it will be December... oh don't even go there!

So my question is this. Could someone please tell me how we got to October 2011 so quickly?  ... please?!

No comments:

Post a Comment