Thursday 6 October 2011

Back to school and car matters

A while back I was attending a talk on Mindfulness by Maura Sills, co-founder of the Karuna Institute and I met a charming young man, Mr B. It freaked me out a bit to learn he was a teacher at Fettes College because he looked like he was young enough to attend there not teach there! The upshot of that meeting was that I was invited to sit in with a Mindfulness lesson for Year 3's, and that took place yesterday.

I had a lovely afternoon not just sitting in class listening to Mr B teach Mindfulness, but I also went to a PSE class on Fettes approach to bullying. As part of that talk Mr B went through the problems with Facebook and the web in general, and I was amazed at how much I didn't know. For example, did you know that if you apply to University, they check your Facebook page and other network sites to see what idiotic things you get up to? I certainly didn't.

I also had a visit to the Deputy Head's office. This brought back some not so pleasant memories for me and even though she was welcome personified I was pleased to escape.

The morning was taken up with sitting in the garage waiting on new tyres being fitted to my car. Actually it was lovely to sit and read and drink coffee in nice comfy seats. I could've done with it not being quite so expensive, but they did give me a discount of a whole 3p. I had to stop myself laughing at the idea of them thinking that giving me 3p was going to persuade me of their generosity, but hey a discount is a discount. And I did manage to get them to give me a bigger reduction on a couple of winter tyres (£6 per tyre). So I shall be heading back to the garage at some point in the not too distant future to take up their kind offer. Actually given the way the weather is that is probably going to be sooner rather than later.





No comments:

Post a Comment