Thursday 17 March 2011

An unwanted gift

I'm feeling a bit miserable as I have a cold. My Beloved had this after coming back from York and has given it to me. Not helped by not such an easy week of dashing about doing a bit of 'firefighting' for others who've had their own set of problems to deal with.

Last night was an impromptu OU meeting with my tutor in a bar in Edinburgh. I did tell them all I had a cold, but they were all ok with it. I wouldn't have gone if I didn't need reassurance that my next assignment was along the right lines.

We're on to 'life writing' which is biography, autobiography, travel writing etc. and although sounds relatively simple... I mean we've all had a life... it's actually a bit complicated. It still has to contain a story and be entertaining, but we've only got 1500 words. Anyway, I've written mine, which is a small incident from when I was a child, but I wanted to write the same story three times from three different people's perspectives. I wasn't sure if I'd made a huge mistake. Luckily it seems I haven't so it was worth going last night just so's I didn't have to stress myself out and can finish this one up and get on with the next one.

We've actually only got 10 weeks left on the course and have the next two assignments coming up in quite close proximity to each other, with the last one copping a whopping 50% of the marks for the whole course. I've thought a bit about what I'm going to do, but it's still in the thinking stage.

So having a cold isn't helping as my brain's gone into a fog and thinking is the last thing I seem to want to do. Isn't love wonderful? On this occasion I don't think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment