Wednesday 16 February 2011

Do I feel old or what?

Today I went for a back treatment that I'd signed up for through Groupon, the voucher system which gave me £60 worth of treatment for £19. I was met at the door by two gorgeous looking, fit, athletic guys, and then taken off by Andrew, who was, quite frankly young enough to be my son (or even my grandson if I'd started producing very young), and had to go through the embarrassment of having to take my clothes off and look in the mirror while he poked and prodded. I was thankful I had a reasonable bra on!

Anyway, the treatment was agony. Something called TAMARS, which uses a machine to realign the spine and then followed by a massage. I know which part I preferred. I'm going back again next week as apparently you can't really tell after one session (yes, good sales technique or what?), and then I'll find out if this is the treatment for me.

Sadly I'm a sucker for massage, and I would far prefer to have just had that, but I'm reserving judgment as it would be great if my neck and shoulder were less painful. We'll see. But in the meantime, after being told I had the start of a widow's hump, all I felt was old.

No comments:

Post a Comment