Sunday 17 October 2010

Whew!

Family visits... always an opportunity for fraughtness! Luckily on this occasion it all went pretty well. Just a slight hiccup when my sister-in-law proudly mentioned that her son has just secured a job as an investment banker with Goldman Sachs. My beloved and I managed to stifle any words of disapproval with a raised eyebrow to one another on that one, though I did bring into the equation a book I'd just bought by John Lanchester called 'Whoops! Why everyone owes everyone and no one can pay' but that was pretty much ignored.

Sadly I couldn't do the same when we were out to dinner last night and my sister-in-law said she liked and admired Maggie Thatcher. That was just a step too far and I did speak up. Luckily the waiter intervened with pudding so I didn't get embroiled in too much of a contretemps, but it was a close run thing.

And now they've gone and we're back to the peace and quiet of a Sunday. Lots to do before Strictly Come Dancing tonight and will need to watch the recording of what happened last night so I'm firmly in the loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment