Friday 8 October 2010

Goodbye til next week

I'm off to Holy Isle today, and so will be incommunicado with the rest of the world until I get home next Wednesday. Not only is there no internet access, there's no mobile phone access, and anyway I'm supposed to be facilitating a retreat so really need to get my head down and get on with it and eschew the delights of the modern world while I spend my days in contemplation.

Which was better than I was last night. Earlier in the evening I'd had a chat with my friend 'She Who Must Not Be Named' where she told me about the delights of a game called Bubble Island on Facebook. So against my better judgment I decided to take a peak. Was that ever a mistake! I then spent the rest of the evening battling bubbles to see how many stages I could overcome - half way through Stage 9 is the answer - but had to give up at 11.15 ish as my Beloved had already gone to bed and the dog was looking mournfully at me as she wanted to go but decided she had to wait for me. If not for that I think I should still be playing this morning.

SWMNBN'd said that she found it quite meditative. I'm not sure I agree I think the word is competitive rather than meditative. I came away with stiff shoulders and what feels distinctly like repetitive strain injury. Thank goodness I've got a few days sitting on my backside contemplating my navel so that I can get over my injuries and no doubt start all over again once I get home.

1 comment:

  1. I feel great relief that it wasn't me introducing you to your new addiction... i still feel some guilt from the last one!!

    ReplyDelete