Wednesday 6 October 2010

Getting organised

Here I am getting organised for another trip to Holy Isle off Arran on Friday, where I'm co-facilitating another retreat. Once again the weather is interfering and that's before I've even got there! I got a message from Adam the Manager, who told me that we had to make the earlier ferry from Lamlash to Holy Isle as the winds were going to pick up and the tide was going to be down. Luckily my co-facilitator and I had already planned to take the earlier ferry so that was a bit of luck, so our plans are not, as yet, scuppered.

Meanwhile the week seems to be getting busy. I don't know if that's because I'm working right up to the moment I go, or because getting up in the dark and wet is making me feel tired and flustered and so work seems to be taking it's toll and all I want to do when I get home is slob in front of the telly, but as I was stupid enough to take on an OU course, which needs constant study I'm obliged to leave my slobbing until much much later.

The course started on Saturday, but I'd already started about 3 weeks ago as I'm going to be away for a week and needed to get myself into a position to be able to write my first assessment as soon as I come back, so needed to get a month under my belt asap.

I've also got a tutorial the Saturday after this one when I'm just home from Holy Isle, which also happens to coincide with my brother and his wife coming to stay. So the stress of the tutorial will be ameliorated by going out for posh nosh with family. On the other hand maybe the stress of going out for posh nosh with family will be ameliorated by the tutorial... who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment