Thursday 14 October 2010

Back from across the sea

I got home last night totally exhausted after 5 days of full-on work from 6am until 9pm every day. So now I'm in recovery.

After all the emails I had got prior to going to Holy Isle to warn of high winds and whipped up seas, when I arrived in Brodick it seemed like the weather predictions were all coming to fruition. However it was a complete surprise when after a quick bus ride over the top of Arran and down the other side to Lamlash, it was no longer Autumn, but still Summer. The weather was glorious. Warm, sunny, blue skies, sparkling sea, basking sharks swimming around and seals playing close to the shore.

Consequently I was totally inappropriately dressed and by the time I alighted at Holy Isle I was decidedly hot and sweaty and very uncomfortable. Even more so when I realised I didn't have a single short sleeved t-shirt, but did have woolly hat, vests, jumper and extra warm socks ready for the Winter onslaught I'd been promised!

The weather did get a little colder especially in the early mornings but really was very temperate. On our last morning when we were out doing our Tai Chi on the beach at 7 am we were joined by several of the wild ponies and a host of midges. The ponies weren't terribly impressed and wandered off fairly soon after we started, however the midges hung around so after half an hour and many bites later we left them to it and retreated indoors.

So now I'm home I'm getting ready for the fraternal visit tomorrow. It's my sister-in-law's birthday so have had to make a bit of a song and dance about it all. Shopping done - check, cleaning done - check, beds made - check, smile fixed to the face - a work in progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment