Tuesday 30 March 2010

Update

I was very lucky last night as my No 2 son - not in affection you understand, but in age - had his friend over and luckily for me she has an iPhone.

So before they went out to wherever young people congregate in Edinburgh, I got a lesson in how to go online, how to turn the volume up and how to download useful apps (see I've even got the lingo now!) such as Edinburgh bus information, which was free. What I want to know is howcome it's free to get the Edinburgh one, but costs to get the bus info for London. Answers welcome!

I've not downloaded much else as I spent much of the night looking at which buses were working and the bus stops I could get them from. Fascinating, but not terribly useful as I didn't want to go anywhere or do anything, but good to know I could have done if I'd wanted.

Yes, alright a bit of a waste of time. But that's the point I think of having one of these phones. You can spend a lot of time just looking at things that you don't really need but are fascinating nevertheless.

Tonight I'm staying another night in Edinburgh due to the impending doom of snow in the Borders. Luckily Cheryl is here again, and so if I play my cards right she might show me some more useless information so I can spend another fun evening courtesy of Apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment