Tuesday 23 March 2010

Sometimes work is a great thing

I have to say that working in Edinburgh certainly has it's payoffs.

The fact that I leave the house just before 7 a.m. and don't get back til after 4.30 p.m. usually is a bit of a downer, but this week Borders Council have taken the great decision to totally resurface the pavement outside our house (where I park my car), and from the size of the diggers and the complaints from my other half about the continual noise, I am beginning to think that being at work all day is actually the very best place for me.

It will only last until Friday according to the head honcho, and I have to say I'll be very grateful for my parking space to be reinstated.

I'm now parking round the corner in the communal car park. It's fine really but this morning the weather forecaster lied and I found myself in my spring gear which was fine in my nice warm centrally heated home, but once I'd made it out into the world beyond my front door, I realised it was freezing out there. No time to go back and change and I had to grin and bear it as walked the 150 yards to my car and scraped the ice off the windscreen.

I was pleased to get into work and get on with my busy day and get messages on my work email about the travails of working from home. Made me feel quite good to be among the roadworks of Edinburgh. Somehow in a city where roadworks are a continual distraction they seem so much further away than outside the front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment