Wednesday 8 March 2017

A day off

Today, being my last day of being without a puppy was determined as my day off.

I went to badminton and had fun. Quite a few games with the men, which I always enjoy, and much laughter.

And this was followed by going to Older People's cinema in Galashiels.

On a Wednesday they offer a current good film for just £5 for over 60's. The cinema also throw in tea and biscuits, but that was a step too far for me, so I politely declined. One of my friends from badminton was there, along with her husband and a couple of friends, so it was rather nice to have people to sit with.

We saw Manchester By The Sea. Was it good? Yes. Did I enjoy it all? No. I felt, cinematographically, that it could have been done better, especially with the flashbacks, but all in all it was an enjoyable afternoon at the flicks.

It's been ages since I've been to the cinema and, with my new puppy coming, it's probably going to be a while until I can go again. But you never know. I could possibly persuade a Guide Dog pal to take my puppy in exchange for taking theirs so I could have a few hours respite. We'll have to see.

I'm now feeling a bit daunted with it all. Neymar (aged 10 months old) is coming tomorrow for 10 days and then I have 36 hours before my new puppy comes. I'm now wondering wtf I've done in deciding to take another one!


No comments:

Post a Comment