Wednesday 1 February 2017

Cancer-free

Today was my cancer procedure.

I stayed overnight last night with my lovely friends, Shirley and Andy, who live half way between me and the hospital in Glasgow. We had a really great evening, which included wine, food and a very fancy telescope, but not necessarily in that order.

This morning it was an early start and I left just after 7 a.m. for a supposed 50 minute drive ready to arrive early (such is my habit), leaving lots of time, at 8.15 (I was supposed to be there at 8.30). I actually arrived at 9. It wasn't the best start to the day, but nevertheless, with Shirley phoning on my behalf to tell the hospital I was going to be late and then my just relaxing with the traffic jam, it all seemed to flow ok in the end.

The procedure itself took about 3.5 hours all in all and I've ended up cancer-free with 5 stitches and a lot of bruising. But at least I didn't lose half of my nose as proposed by the NHS guy. I have the stitches out in 9 days time, which will happen at my GP's and then have to go back and see the surgeon in 6 weeks.

And that, as they say, is that.

No comments:

Post a Comment