Monday 27 February 2017

And it goes on

Here's what happened:

I was parking my car outside my house, when I noticed a 4x4 parked opposite and a guy talking to my neighbour across the street. I got out and the guy said goodbye to my neighbour and looked at me and crossed over.

'Did you used to live outside of Inverness?' he asked.

'Yes,' I replied.

'Did you have a 4 x 4 that you sold me? It was a white Discovery.'

OMG! Yes, was my answer. I sold that car in 1991! I knew the guy lived near Greenlaw and, in fact, when I moved here I'd wondered a touch if the guy still lived there.

This guy, lives about 2 miles from me, where he farms. He recognised my number plate (ok, yes, I am pretentious enough to have a personalised number plate) and he'd stopped to ask my neighbour if I was around.

How strange is that?

Is the Universe trying to tell me something? And if so... what? And I wonder how many more strange situations where my past is now my present are going to come to light?

I'm now off to London and you never know... maybe more instances might unveil themselves, but in the meantime I have my mother's 94th birthday lunch to contend with, which seems to me to be far more anxiety making than anything the Universe might have in store. Or maybe that's famous last words!

No comments:

Post a Comment