Thursday 26 January 2017

Time to go home

I fly out from Port Elizabeth to Durban this afternoon and from there to Dubai and from Dubai to Glasgow. I should arrive on Friday at some point in the afternoon and am getting chauffered from there to my house to see what awaits there after the clock debacle.

The insurance company has already arranged for me to pick up a hire car, but I have to get to the garage before 5 otherwise it'll be Monday before I can be out and about on the road. I'm keeping everything crossed that things will work.

I had a fabulous weekend. The time with friends at the ocean was particularly spectacular

The view from my deckchair


Caught!

We spent about 3 hours there all in all. Good company and swimming in the sea, what more could I ask for? That was followed by an extremely jovial braii, so a real fun day.

The last few days have been peppered with walking about, being out in the sun and still more reading. A thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing time.

Tracy and I went out for our last dinner together on Tuesday night as Mel (who I'd been with at the ocean) wanted to come for a last night dinner. So last night the 3 of us went to a lovely sushi place and had a great time.

And that's it! Time for holiday to end and get back to a cold and dark Scotland! However, one of my friends who I went walking on the beach with yesterday morning has said that she and her husband want to spend a Christmas in the UK. Well we got talking and thought about a house swap. So who knows? Maybe, just maybe, at some time in the future, I'll be back here in PE for some more delight in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment