Sunday 3 May 2015

Home at last

After a couple of relaxing days in Bangkok, where I had time to process all of the Nepali events and feel a whole lot better, it was time to head off home via London.

My flight back was uneventful and, with The Beast once again coming off the carousel pretty smartly, I arrived back at my mother's house in good time. At 9.45 pm UK time (3.45 am Bangkok time) I hit the sack and that was that.

Yesterday I spent my day having my hair cut and doing a bit of shopping, going to the National Gallery and generally being a tourist and then today got my train home (delayed of course!) and got home to a delirious welcome from my lovely Vespa.

Vespa's grown enormously in the 6 weeks I've been away and is now a big boy. He doesn't even look like a puppy anymore, but is a very handsome chap.

A lovely welcome

All grown up

In my pile of mail I received a card from Odi's new owners, which was just great. She's very happy with her new people and her new name and is living in Glasgow, so you never know we might even get a chance to go and see her one day.

The weather is crap, the house is a mess, I've got loads of washing to do... but you know what? It's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment