Sunday 27 January 2013

Does it count?

After our meal last night, courtesy of Marks & Spencer's night in for two for £10 - which included a main course, a side dish, a pud (for Mountain Man) and a bottle of wine (for me... no not all of it, just to state my case here) - I woke up this morning, which was supposed to be an activity day on my get fit programme, with a raging headache.

Mountain Man was on mountain man duties and had to go up to Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh to help the Lothian and Borders Police Force look for the body of a man, who it's suspected may have committed suicide. This is the rather unpleasant side of being a Search and Rescue person, but MM, as do all the other Search and Rescue people, does this uncomplainingly. This meant an early start for him.

I, meanwhile, stayed in bed with the telly on to watch Andy Murray sadly lose the Australian Open to Novak Djokovic.

Andy Murray had his chances, after taking the first set, to win the second, but didn't/couldn't take them. At one stage they showed the medic come on to dress the blisters on Andy Murray's feet and I was amazed he could walk, let alone run around. So much admiration for him on that score. But what it made me do was get up and get myself sorted. I mean I just had a headache... he had really, really huge blisters that were red and raw.

And so my day was spent cleaning. Vacuuming and washing floors, scrubbing basins and shelves. I didn't do the exercise that I was planning but I'm hoping all this house cleaning will count. It does doesn't it?

6 comments:

  1. Snap. Of course it does. I'm sure I read somewhere that hoovering the living room is equivalent to running a marathon. Didn't I?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! I've run a marathon today! Well who'd've thunk it. Thank you Denise.

      Delete
  2. Well as someone who has run a marathon (more than once) and hoovered the living room (more than once!!! really I have) I can assure you that there is absolutely no comparison. So sorry sweetie no is the answer you didn't (sorry) and Denise, I can't quite think where you might have read that, well I can but I'd better not say :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try as you might Mr R, you're not going to shatter my exercise dream. I'm going with Denise's theory and that's that!

      Delete
  3. I shall be gracious, as usual, and say you are of course entitled to your opinion. Keep up the training is all I can say, it'll save me doing it. You could wash my car as well that must be worth at least a 10k.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but a 10k isn't in my training plan, so you'll have to wash it yourself!

      Delete