Monday 9 April 2012

Some films just shouldn't be seen

There are some movies that just aren't worth the bother. Mirror, Mirror is one of those. And apparently we weren't the only ones to think so.

I booked tickets thinking that on a cold, windy, rainy Easter Monday, the cinema would be crowded out. How wrong could I be! Ten minutes before the movie started and Mountain Man and I were the only ones in the cinema.

If you look carefully you can see the back of my head

Then an elderly woman on her own came in and sat at the back and, just before the main feature, a man with his two children arrived and sat 4 rows behind us. And that was it.

The film itself deserved an empty cinema. Slow, badly acted, not great plot... was there anything I liked about it? Well yes, Julia Roberts was her usual beautiful self, but apart from that there was nothing to recommend it.

I give it 2 out of 10 and that's being generous.

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately I have to agree, especially about Julia Roberts! Absolutely no comparison with the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.

    ReplyDelete