Sunday 8 April 2012

Saturday night at the movies

How lovely to be invited on a date by my husband. He decided that we should have a Saturday night at the movies to see 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel', complemented by a large bucket of popcorn and a diet coke. You'll notice the irony of having, on one hand, something lathered in oil to shove in, while on the other there's something diet to ameliorate it's effects, but we don't care, it's our usual cinema fare and we don't like to deviate from our norm.

The film was a real 'feel good' movie and we both enjoyed it, though I thought it was a bit schmaltzy and predictable. It certainly captured the sights and sounds of India and had some great laugh out loud moments. Mountain Man gave it a 9/10, whereas I gave it a 7/10, but I'm far more critical than he is.

We enjoyed ourselves so much we've decided on doing another cinema visit tomorrow (Easter Monday) and we've booked to see Mirror Mirror. I just hope my rather delicate digestive system can cope with a second input of unnutritious food and drink in such a short space of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment