Tuesday 17 April 2012

Break down

Today was the day that my washing machine decided it had had enough. After some 13 years of loyal service it finally ground to a halt and frankly it's passed repairing, or at least repairing it would be more expensive than buying a new one.

It could have timed it better as I'd just put a wash on and there was all my clothing sitting in a machine full of water and I couldn't open the door. However, I discovered if I put my finger on the 'on' button and didn't move it, the machine would work. I decided that I couldn't do that for too long, so did away with a full wash and went for a rinse and spin. Then Mountain Man and I took turns to stand with our finger on the button for about 5 minutes at a time until the cycle came to a finish.

It was with some relief that I retrieved my clothes at the end with no more than a sore digit.

There are some things a gal just can't do without, and a washing machine is definitely in that bracket, so it's off to John Lewis tomorrow to see what we can find and hopefully have it delivered pdq.

No comments:

Post a Comment