Tuesday 13 December 2011

Practice makes perfect

Last night Mountain Man and I decided it was time to break out the Wii to get in some practice for our Christmas break.

Usually my boys come and join us and we have much Wii fun. This year the boys are off to their Dad's in Sutherland while MM and I have some much needed 'quality time' together (the boys will be down at some point during the holidays just not the day itself). However, MM and I still felt we needed to uphold tradition and practice was going to be the order of the night.

It took us about 5 minutes to realise that the batteries in both controls were well and truly dead. Another 5 minutes to find batteries, and then another 5 to get the batteries in and the controls working - actually that was me and not MM!

So a whole 15 minutes later there we were playing bowling, where I slaughtered MM with a run of 3 strikes and a spare to finish, and another couple of strikes in the middle. We followed this with a game of golf, where MM slaughtered me as he ended up 1 over par and I was 6 over.

Honour being satisfied we called it a night, though we both realised if we want to beat Shirley and Andy over New Year we're going to have to practice a whole lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment