Tuesday 20 December 2011

I'm me

When I came back from South Africa with Air France I was asked by one of the flight attendants if I would like to become a Flying Blue member and get airmiles from the flights I'd just taken. Because I have friends who I visit in France and usually fly with AF, I decided it might be nice to get a free flight. So when I got home I went on to the site and duly became a member. It told me that I would get my recent flights awarded within a week or so.

I waited. Nothing came. I waited some more. Then went onto the bit on the site that said 'claim your missing miles'. I tried, I really did, but it just wouldn't accept me. Why? Because I didn't have my boarding cards (who the hell keeps a boarding card after they've been on a flight?), and I was booked under Mrs and I had Ms on my Flying Blue membership status. For goodness sake... I mean I have an unusual name, it's me, but would Air France believe I was me? Non, absolument non.

Yesterday I remembered that I'd booked the tickets through The Flight Centre, who'd been really helpful in getting the flights at the right times and as cheap as possible for my SA flight. A quick phone call and a few seconds later I had all the details I needed. And within 24 hours I had 17338 miles added to my card.

Hooray... I'm me... Air France says so, so it must be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment