Saturday 22 January 2011

Who're you going to blame?

After my first flush of what felt like good health, and which lasted approximately 24 hours, I found myself back in position A. This involved wearing a mask (to cut out the light), a Migraine Kool'n Soothe (to help with the headache) and wrapped up in bed with my Peter Rabbit hot water bottle (my personal soother) and feeling like death warmed up. This lasted for most of the day, but then felt a bit better by evening. And this has been the pattern ever since. I feel ok for a day, or two, at the very most and then collapse again in a fit of headache and tiredness. I'm truly sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. None of this is helping my studies or my work and I'm now acres behind on what feels like both.

Yesterday was a feel a bit better day and I was in the mood to work, to sort, in other words to get on with things. In the process I realised I'm supposed to be going to London in a couple of weeks and also realised that my train tickets were nowhere to be found. I searched high and low but nothing, nada. So I got on the phone to the TrainLine to find out how I go about ordering replacements.

The TrainLine, to be fair to them, have a statement on their website that says that they charge you 10p per minute to phone them. And I suppose I should have already guessed from this that the phone call would take far longer than necessary (call me a cynic!). It took over 11 minutes for the woman in a continent that certainly wasn't Europe, to tell me that she had dealt with my query but now needed to hand me on to someone else who would arrange the reference so I could pick up my tickets at the station when I travel. I could feel the incandescent rage beginning to rise, but as I was put on hold for a further few minutes I had time to calm down before the next operator came on the line. He asked me exactly the same questions and took the same amount of time as his counterpart. At least at the end of this I got the reference number. So a whole 24 minutes 37 seconds later (yes... ok a bit OCD I know) I had all I needed to travel. I also had rising blood pressure and a feeling of being completely conned. I had a small whisky to help me feel better. Purely medicinal you understand.

And guess what? Today I woke up with a raging headache and extreme tiredness. Can't really blame the TrainLine, can I? Well maybe a little. Anyway, suffice it to say, I'm pissed off... very pissed off. So it seems that coffee is not the only thing I can't drink at the moment, it's alcohol too. Great eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment