Saturday 17 July 2010

Working for less than peanuts, and then some good news

After my clothing dilemma yesterday, I was pleased I had packed a variety of things to wear as we went through all the seasons of the year within the first hour.

The festival was nice and small and there was a great atmosphere, but sadly not many people were buying. In fact I shall have to admit to my beloved that I think I made a deficit, as I had just sold a few bangles and a hat when there was a huge gust of wind and the necklace stand went flying and two were broken, and there was not much activity after that. Anyway, I've said I'll go back tomorrow and see what happens. Though I have to say working for minus way below the minimum wage and beyond is not something to be done every weekend. Still a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do for her man.

On a much brighter note, I'm extremely pleased to report that I beat my bowls nemesis, much to her chagrin. OK, I was given 6 points to start as it was the handicap, and the end score was 21-19, so it was touch and go for a while, but a win is a win, and I don't care what the score ended up as long as it was in my favour. And yes, I fully admit to being totally competitive!

The other good thing to happen today was She Who Must Not Be Named and her man, the one and only R, came for a flying visit on their way to a week's holiday south of the border. They'll be off in the morning and will be swinging by for another night chez nous in a week's time as they head north. Wine will be cooled in readiness.

So all in all, not a bad way to spend a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment