Friday 16 July 2010

What's a girl to wear?

This week my beloved is away doing his bit for the charity cyclists who are mad enough to cycle from Brussels to Frankfurt, and meanwhile after a busy working week, mine doesn't stop there. I now have to prepare myself for going to the Rowchester Festival to sell his Tibetan goodies to the Borders folk tomorrow.

I'm just wondering what on earth your average, respectable ex-hippy wears to sell at festivals these days?

Will it be the delightful kaftan that I've had since I was 16 and wore to every festival, every gig, in fact every every as I rarely wore much else in those dim dark days, or will it be sensible jeans and t-shirt? I think it will most probably be the latter. I would've thought about wearing shorts, but with the weather the way it is, I don't think that would be wise.

I can feel the suitcase coming out, filled with 'just in case' items of clothing, so that I can do a discrete change as and when. In fact the more I think about it the more I think this is the sensible option.

No comments:

Post a Comment