Sunday 27 June 2010

Winners and losers

Yesterday was a complete non-day for me. I had a migraine, complete with being sick, which wasn't easy as my beloved was away and I had the dog to walk and garden to water and, and, and...

Nell is a joy at times like this. She made do with a 5 minute walk up the road in the morning and then I went back to bed and slept until 1pm with her not making a sound, which really helped. I felt a whole lot better in the afternoon, but completely wiped out and good for not much more than watching the tennis. Andy Murray played well and won his game with apparent ease and Raphael Nadal triumphed in 5 absorbing sets. I dragged myself out for a much longer walk with Nell in the late afternoon, but she wasn't so keen and it took us longer than it should have done. Poor thing, she really feels the heat.

Today I felt much better but still a bit wiped out, and managed to get all my chores done in time to watch the footie, which as it turned out was all a bit of a waste of time. I decided to take the dog out for a walk in the woods at half time which seemed a better use of the sunshine than sitting watching the tv and wondering just how bad England could play. Which by the time I got back in and caught up with the game was pretty bad. I wonder what excuses those overpaid footie players will use.

Now when it comes to me and my sporting activity I'm at the other end of the scale. When you're expected to win and you lose it's very difficult. But I'm about to go out and play a game of bowls and it's a competition match against one of the best players in the club. If I fulfill expectations then I will lose and lose quickly... but at least I can hold my head high. I mean if all that's expected is me to lose then I'm on to a winner before I even start, if you see what I mean. Lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment