Thursday 24 June 2010

The final score

The absolutely most unbelievable tennis match ever ended today with the final score in the fifth set at 70-68. The American John Isner, world number 19, beat Frenchman Nicolas Mahut, world number 149. And the difference between the two was minimal. I was so sad for Mahut who played such a stormer and I really thought he would win, but I suppose after you've played catch up (he was serving behind in the final set) for so many games it has to take it's toll. What a game!

The worst thing for me is though I felt like I'd played it too. Much along the lines of when my Number 2 son (in birth order only!) used to go to Pony Club. I'd sit on the sidelines watching him and end up exhausted as every time he'd go over a jump I'd feel like I'd just jumped it. And so I end today feeling absolutely wiped out. I mean if you'd just played over 11 hours of tennis - even if it was sitting on the bed chewing your fingernails - wouldn't you be exhausted?

No comments:

Post a Comment