Sunday 20 June 2010

Surprise surprise

Today was Father's Day and my beloved's daughter wanted to make a surprise visit. How difficult do you think it would be to organise? Well I can tell you... very difficult indeed. I was away from Thursday til late last night, without a hope in hell of buying food so I had to get him to buy it. I thought my plan was extremely cunning. It went like this:

"We don't seem to have had much time together over the past few weeks, so let's plan for Sunday to be just for us. But the only problem is that I'm away so you'll have to get the food. And because I'm working all next week it would be really good if we could have a BBQ and cook loads of food and that way I can have leftovers for my lunch next week."

Then I had to get my step daughter to pretend to make a plan for a date to come over in July (I thought that would put him totally off the trail), and then to make sure she phoned first thing this morning to tell my beloved that he would get his card by Monday.

And it worked! The shocked look on his face when they arrived was a treat. We had such a lovely day, with of course the grandchild being the total focus of attention. The weather was great, which added to the pleasure, and the BBQ was fantastic... though not much left for me to take for lunch for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment