Monday 28 June 2010

Help wanted

Well I did lose, but it took 1.5 hours and the final score was 21-12. I was thrilled as I had made it my goal to get one point and so exceeded that by a long stretch. Only problem is I have another match with the same person coming up.

Today I had another couple of matches which needed to be completed by end June and as it was the first day of a week's holiday before I set off to Holy Isle for retreat, it was decided to play both back to back, which as they were both with the same guy it was easy to do.

The first was best of 3 sets first to 7 in each. I let myself down in that one and he won easily 7-4 and 7-2. But then I came into my own, and I'm pleased to report that I won the next one 21-13.

I have always seemed to take ages to warm up and it can take me a good long time to get to where I need to be to be able to play well. Today's effort took me a whole one and a half hours to be ready to play, but once I was, there was no stopping me.

Please, please, does anyone know how I can overcome this problem? I would be most grateful for any suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment