Monday 12 December 2016

An extra day

I had a real blip while in London. I thought I'd booked my ticket for Saturday and was all geared up, case packed and just about to head out of the door when I looked at my ticket and realised it was for Sunday and not Saturday!

Ok, so I had an extra day in London... what to do? I decided I'd take myself to the theatre and really wanted something lively, so picked School of Rock. What a great choice! It was an amazing show. Everything from the sets, to the singing, to the kids was just fantastic. A truly great way to spend an afternoon in a very overcrowded, rainy Central London.

That evening my mother wanted to watch Strictly, so we settled down with a bottle of wine. However, little did I know that, although my mother has been watching it for a long time, she hadn't quite caught on to the concept. The conversation went like this:

Mum: I like that couple. He's a fantastic dancer.
Me: Yes. He won last year I think.
Mum: Well what's he doing back this year?
Me: He's the professional.
Mum: Professional?! That's appalling! Only amateurs are supposed to take part!

There then followed my explaining Strictly. All I can say is, luckily there were only 4 couples taking part and thank goodness for wine!

Apart from that, the office party went very well, with lots of hilarity and was great fun. My catch-ups with friends were also just lovely. Even my meetings with solicitors and accountants went without a hitch. So all in all a good time was had, but I am pleased to be back in the peace and quiet of my own home.

Now I just have to gear myself up for Christmas and going down to London again. I'm already feeling stressed just thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment