Monday 11 April 2016

As one goes another one appears!

Today, at 10.30 am, Sue went off back home to her puppy walker. It's been quite a journey for her being here. She came into season, has been to the vet twice (but luckily with Freda and not me) once for eating a bird and needing worming and the next for a urinary tract infection. I really felt sorry for Freda with that last as she was up all night with Sue needing to pee. When she came back to me the meds were all working well.

As well as all that, I've cut her food down quite a bit - she was a bit on the porky side when she came and what with not being able to go on proper walks due to her season, she needed it, though I think she'd say different!

I've also done some very strict training with her and she's now pretty obedient. Her recall is a treat and she knows her commands well. She's also stopped sniffing the pavement every few seconds, which is an absolute Guide Dog no-no. So I feel like I've done a good job.

Sweet Sue

Last night as I let Sue out for her final pee before bed, she went rushing out, hackles up and I went to look and see what the problem was. My resident hedgehog has awoken from his (well ok, I don't know if it is a he or a she, but I've always thought of him as a him) slumbers and was trundling round the garden in search of food.

Sue was scared of him! She wouldn't go near! Though she was sorely tempted, as she too likes the birdseed that drops from the bird feeder. I think she was a bit miffed that someone else was getting there before her!

It's so lovely that my hedgehog is back. One animal goes from my life and another appears. All is good in my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment