Wednesday, 2 March 2016

Win some, lose some

It's been a busy couple of days.

Robbie went home on Monday. He was lovely to have around. I've now got Sue, another yellow lab/retriever cross in the diary. She's coming on 25th March for 17 days, so that should be both fun and hard work and will curtail my social life somewhat, but I'm not sure that's such a bad thing!

Robbie in the garden

Yesterday I went over to Stobo to do my class. It was pretty quiet in the place and even the swim exercise class that's usually full to bursting had only 4 people in it, so I wasn't expecting much. Only one person (Alison, a 70 something lovely person) turned up, but she's a member (the first one I've had in one of my classes) and was an absolute delight. She loved the Qiqong so much that when the manager came down, she asked her why there wasn't a course put on. And now it looks like I might be asked to teach a 3 week course just for the members some time in the summer. Alison is off for an operation and so won't be around for 3 or 4 weeks, but really wants to come back to my class. So that's all good.

Then I had to scoot into Edinburgh to take my car to the garage for it's diagnostic check, then a bus into Edinburgh with enough time to get myself ready for a night out for dinner with Jim, my Scotstralian friend. He's staying in this amazing place that used to be the Old Gold Hall in Blair Street. It has the most amazing domed ceiling. We started off our evening with a glass of wine and a quick catch up as he's been off on a Highland bus tour, which apparently was a hoot and well worth it.

Jim decided he wanted to go to a French restaurant in Grassmarket, but when we got there, there was only room in the gloomy, unatmospheric downstairs, so we skipped that and went to Howie's instead. And we remained there until almost 11. Then it was time for me to get back to No. 2 Son's. Off I went, and it was then I realised I'd lost one of my earrings!

I retraced my steps, but couldn't see it anywhere, so when I got back, I went online and ordered a new pair. They are my current favourites and it just seemed the right thing to do.

Today, I'm waiting for Audi to announce what's wrong with my car before I go pick it up and head on out to Shirley and Andy's in Tullibody, where I'm staying tonight and then Thursday I'm off to East Kilbride to meet up for a private lesson with my Qiqong instructor, which I'm looking forward to immensely.

One piece of very good news is, that I've finished the first draft of the e-book I'm writing. I could hardly believe that it came in a day early. Such a relief. Of course now the hard work really begins, with editing and formatting and all that stuff, but at least I've got something to edit.

So, ok, in the last couple of days, I lost an earring, but I might have gained a course and I've certainly gained a book.  Definitely winning more than losing. Though of course I've still got to hear about my car and that one I'm not sure which side it's going to come down on!

No comments:

Post a Comment