Thursday 17 March 2016

Ready for the off

It seems just as though it was yesterday when I got home and now I'm getting ready to go again. Yes, it's yet another London visit.

My cousin, Mike, from America is coming over and we arranged ages ago to meet up on Sunday night. I'm looking forward to it as we get on really well and I thought, as I was going to go to London anyway, I might as well make a weekend of it. It also helped that my train tickets cost £10 each way.

I've got other plans too while I'm there. Tomorrow night I've got a dinner date in Covent Garden, so looking forward to that. Then on Saturday I'm meeting up with my ex-ex-husband's best friend, Douglas, and his wife, Annie, who I've not seen for 29 years, so I'm kind of intrigued as to how that one will go. We were in touch through my ex-ex who wanted me to help out with their daughter when she comes up to Edinburgh in August, so, as I'm going to be in London with free time on Saturday afternoon, it felt like a good thing to do.

My mother is also much better, which means she's getting back to being a bit mean and critical, so in some ways I'm quite pleased about that, even if it does mean biting my tongue again and letting it all sail on past me. 

The only other news I have is that my e-book is gathering pace. I'm now in the process of choosing a cover for it. It took me precisely 5 days to choose a title, so I'm not holding out much hope for the cover taking any less time. I have to say I think it's far easier to write than it ever is to do all the rest of the stuff involved. But hopefully you lot will be the first to know about it when it's good to go and I'll post a link for a free copy for you.

Have a nice weekend one and all and I'll put in my weekend 'report' when I get back.






No comments:

Post a Comment