Sunday 15 September 2013

A child's gift

I spent some time with No. 2 Son this week and came away with his cold... well no, not literally of course... it's my cold. But I could well do without this as I'm flying out of the country at the end of this week and heading for Thailand for 3 weeks.

Anyway, today when I woke up the weather was pretty awful so I stayed put and nursed my blocked nose, sore throat and dreadful tinnitus, saying nothing of the slight hangover after the 3 glasses of wine I imbibed last night. The worst of these is the tinnitus, which has manifested as sounding alternately like an ambulance siren or the doorbell.

I used this opportunity to catch up on my reading and managed to finish The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith... better known as J K Rowling. It was hugely better than The Casual Vacancy (which you might remember I hated). Far better written.

I'm off to see No. 2 Son again this week. I'm sincerely hoping there are no more gifts of the same calibre in the offing.


No comments:

Post a Comment