Monday 4 February 2013

Faecal matters

Being a woman of a 'certain age' means that I seem to get quite a lot of invitations to have tests. This January saw a bowel cancer screening test dropping through my letterbox. I had one of these a couple of years ago and declined the offer as, quite frankly, having time to sit on the loo and scrape bits of poo onto a card, was something I didn't have - this was the year I had 5 jobs and a week's holiday the whole year (don't ask).

Anyway, as I'm now semi-retired and I do have time and I also seem to have been suffering with stomach pain of some sort or another for quite a few months, I decided to go ahead with the test.

It was an interesting affair that involved some careful manoevering and I don't think I'll go into more detail just in case there's some sensitive folk out there, but, after sending it off, and yes - these things do go through the post - I forgot all about it.

I'm pleased to be able to tell you that I got confirmation today that my poo was clear and as far as the NHS are concerned I don't have any problems as far as they can tell... but of course they also say they can't be accurate and I might really have a problem, but that's the end of that as far as they're concerned for the next two years.

A relief, but also I can't say I'm looking forward to going through that particular process again.


No comments:

Post a Comment