Friday 21 September 2012

Congratulations!

Before I tell you what I've been up to all week, which I'll be writing about tomorrow, I thought I'd let you know some absolutely fantastic news.

The lovely person who published my book (Russell Turner aka Bassman) also published one of his own (along with a couple of compatriots) and I urged you back in May to vote for this to win the Scottish Nature Book 2012 and I'm absolutely thrilled to tell you all that it won!


I think it's brilliant that someone I know won something so fab. I also think it's brilliant that a book that absolutely deserved to win won and it couldn't have gone to a nicer bunch of talented guys. And finally, I think it's brilliant that my vote actually counted for something. So if you voted for it to win, then you'll know that your vote counted too, so well done you too!

And if you haven't bought one yet, then for goodness sake do. It's a fantastic representation of all the wonderful sights you can see of where I used to live and it won a prize... what more can you ask for?

Tomorrow I'll let you know what I've been up to for the past week, which involves a lovely time at Kew and a whacky train journey accompanied by a Gurkha Welfare Officer and a top model from the 60's ... well that was her story anyway!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Vee. Next I need to find an award for Scotland's Favourite Cat Book!

    ReplyDelete