Sunday 2 September 2012

A crafty Saturday

Every year in the Scottish Borders there's an Art Trail called Crossing Borders. It's a fantastic way to see local artists and craftspeople and some of them offer workshops. Yesterday I went to Gallery In The Alley in Jedburgh to catch up with the incredibly patient Linda Lovett, who makes brooches. Her website shows you what she can do with bits of copper, broken china and a bit of welding.

This is what I made yesterday:


I was the only one there at the time, which was lucky as I had Linda's full attention for a time-consuming and very fiddly job. Linda's going to verdigris it for me and I can pick it up next week and I'll post another pic when I do. I was rather pleased with it in the end, in spite of the slight mistake with one of the leaves, which I'm sure you eagle-eyed people will have spotted already.

I'm undecided whether I'll actually wear it as a brooch or whether I'll frame it. Maybe I'll frame it in a frame which can be undone so I can wear it too? I'll make my mind up once my rabbit eventually comes home.

No comments:

Post a Comment