Sunday 25 October 2015

Vespa doesn't care

Vespa wasn't at all phased by the clocks going back and didn't bother about getting up, which was a whole lot better than me. I was awake at 3.30 (new time) and couldn't get back to sleep. However, I made the decision not to get up and just see if we could seamlessly switch to the extra hour. Of course it'll be interesting tonight when I'll want to go to bed early, but I'll negotiate that one when it comes.

Yesterday was full of rugby excitement. South Africa, where I'm off to in a couple of weeks, versus my favourites, New Zealand. It was touch and go for a while, but the All Blacks pulled it off with some magnificent match play and I heaved a sigh of relief.

Poor Vespa didn't really understand my screaming at the telly, but having had a lovely time in Edinburgh, where we went for birthday lunch with my boys - it's No. 1 Son's birthday on 5th November when I'm away and I was also away for No. 2 Son's birthday in July so we decided to just go for a date we could all make - followed by a lovely walk in the woods, he was happy to lie with his head on my shoulder and lick my ear to help me calm down.

We're in for a relaxing Sunday and then a busy week next week, with my final NHS swansong of a conference I'm on the management committee of taking place on Friday. I'll be highly relieved when it's over and can only hope it'll go well.

Meanwhile I have another rugby semi-final to contend with this afternoon first. I've warned Vespa, but he just doesn't seem to care!

No comments:

Post a Comment