Wednesday, 26 June 2013

A day of rest

After last nights shenanigans I took a day out to rest up. I didn't get to sleep until almost 4 a.m. and was pretty tired this morning. Luckily the tennis was on from 11 so I'm afraid to admit, but apart from doing some OU Weather course work and falling asleep for a bit of the afternoon, I spent my day watching Wimbledon.

So, this if for Lizzie, who has been working hard all day and wanted tennis updates:

Of course the main news today is the amount of people who've pulled out due to injuries, but as that's all over the news I won't bother you with all of that. Instead I watched some truly unbelievable tennis.

Dustin Brown beat Lleyton Hewitt in a truly wonderful match, entertaining and full of great shots. Rather liked the fact that a black guy with dreads won, especially as he's ranked so much lower than Hewitt. Then it was Maria Sharapova and Michelle Larcher De Brita, but I'm afraid they're both screamers of epic proportions, so it might have been a great match, but I couldn't bear it so turned over. Apparently Sharapova was injured and was beaten. Luckily Andy Murray came on and saved the day. He played really well and won in 3 sets against the Chinese player Lu. Then it was Federer's turn. That was, for me, the match of the day. He was playing a guy from Ukraine on Centre Court called Sergiy Stakhovsky. It was unbelievable. Stakhovsky played old-style serve and volley and it was absolutely fantastic. Couldn't believe it when he won. Neither could he. Actually nor could Federer, who didn't, in my view, behave as a total gentleman, but then if I'd just been put out of Wimbledon I'm sure I'd not be able to be as nice as nice.

I didn't feel too guilty about all my tv watching as it was cloudy outside. I'd determined I'd go for a walk, but fell asleep instead and so my day passed.

Tomorrow I have another visit to the BGH, but this time it's for my foot. I hope I'm not going to become a regular there as that wouldn't do. I'm going to see if there's anything that can be done to get my foot sorted so I can go to Bhutan on the trek I want to do. I had a couple of operations on my feet back in 2004. One has been fine, but the other has already had another op and it's not done me much good at all. A little difficult when even walking causes pain, but I'm still hopeful. All will be revealed tomorrow.

And that, folks, is it for today. Hope yours was good.


  1. Thanks for the update! Glad you're recovering from your escapades of yesterday.

    1. Your welcome! I'm fine now. I realised when I got up this morning how bad I actually felt yesterday. I'm back to normal this morning... whatever that might be!