Saturday 14 August 2010

Less than a week

It's not long to go now before we head for La Belle France for a week's r&r.... I can't wait. I'm hoping it's summer over there, because it sure as hell isn't here. On Thursday I got up to go to work and I had to put the blower on my windscreen. It won't be long now and I'll have to get the ice scraper out. The joys! Still at least it's not raining today, which is a blessing.

Oh yes, we get to go as long as those wonderful people at BAA who want to strike don't do it while we're in transit, otherwise we're stuck on the costa del Borders to freeze along with the rest of you lucky folk. Of course there's always the Edinburgh Festival if we're really stuck, so whichever way you look at it, it will be a break I suppose.

Talking of the Edinburgh Festival, we went to see The Moira Monologues the other night, which is a one woman show with Alan Bissett. It's only on until the 21st August and well worth going to for a good laugh. Not sure how much else I'll get to go to. There was some mention of Reginald D Hunter, but not sure whether that's still in the planning stage or if it's matured into a reality. I have a vague recollection about being asked several times if I wanted to go, and as far as I'm aware I've said 'yes' on each occasion, but will have to wait and see what happens.

And now to a bowls update: I made the final of the women's handicap! In the semi I had to play the president's girlfriend, who has only been playing since last year and I'm embarrassed to say, was put on the same handicap points as me... which is 6 the most you can get. And even more embarrassing, I only beat her by one point at the end. Still I'm using the excuse that I had a migraine for most of the day, and so wasn't at my best. Though of course because I couldn't think straight, this might have actually helped me. Anyway, I won and that's that.

And finally: my coffee plants seem to be shedding leaves again. I'm not sure why. I'm beginning to wonder if they're taking lessons from the dog, and think that it's de rigeur in this house to shed at all costs... more on this when it becomes clearer.

1 comment:

  1. Reginald D Hunter tickets have materialised! Good things come to those that wait and I am absolutely sure that the buddha must have said that patience is a good thing (if he didn't he should have done) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete