Friday 11 November 2016

Bad news/good news

Well this has been an 'interesting' week.

The US election was unbelievable and I've been in a slight state of shock ever since. But then given that they voted in George W Bush not once, but twice, well it kind of makes sense that the voting public would go completely off the wall and vote in a (failed?) businessman who hasn't a scoobie about running a country, apart from rhetoricalising all over the place. Oh well... that's what it is and it'll be fascinating to see how things unfold.

The one bit that really worries me is this: apparently Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin get on well. Can you imagine what'll happen the first time one of them disagrees with the other? I'll leave it there I think.

My other bit of news is that I've been diagnosed with a cancerous growth on my nose. I waited almost 8 months for an appointment and now they want to operate next week! I'm off to London and so the op will have to wait. They've given me another for the week after, but I'm thinking of cancelling it until I get back from South Africa at the end of January. I'm not sure I can deal with my mother and Xmas with her in London with half my nose needing to be taken care of too. And then there's flying and being in South Africa. I think I'd rather enjoy myself and have a good time without having to worry about my nose. Luckily it's slow growing and I've had it for a while, so I'm not sure another 3 months will make a huge difference.

But here's some good news to end with: the coffee plants are doing well and also my orchids are flowering again. Hooray! Something good to focus on!

No comments:

Post a Comment