Tuesday 7 June 2016

Last day in Sydney.... for now

After the storm weather, it cleared yesterday. Su and I decided on a visit to the zoo as I'd not, as yet, seen any indigenous Australian animals.

We had a really lovely day. Of course a lot of the animals were sleeping midday, but we still managed to see a lot of them, even if they were sleeping!

At least the kangaroos were active!

We managed to time our visit pretty well for the koalas though, who woke up for their feedtime.

Time for dinner!

And then there's my absolute favourites, which were the meerkats. There were 2 adults and 2 youngsters. They had a cardboard box to play with/hide out in. And they were making the best of it. But even better, was one of the meerkats, which was standing stock still under a heatlamp. It was so cute!

A cardboard box is a source of endless fascination

Well I certainly would, wouldn't you?!

After the zoo (we were there for about 4 hours) we took a boat across the water and had dinner at Darling Harbour. And then finally back to my hotel for a glass of vino and then bed.

Today I had to get up at 4 am as I had a webinar about my book. I was invited to do this a while back and the timing wasn't the best for me. It was 8 pm in the UK, but here it was 5 and I thought I'd better get myself showered and dressed rather than being on webcam in my pj's!

It actually went a whole lot better than I expected and I'm really pleased I've done that now. I'd be very happy to do one again, which is just as well as I have an interview to do on Thursday. This one will be via Skype. Fascinated to see how that one goes.

So now it's goodbye Sydney and Perth here I come. I've got 4 days there with my songwriting pal, Jim and his family, and he's got his cd launch happening on Friday, so that should be fun.

Looking forward to seeing a different side of Australia... and it really is a different side as it's a 5 hour flight and a 2 hour time difference! I'll be coming back to Sydney on Sunday morning ready for 2 action packed final days in Australia before I head back to Thailand and a bit more work.


No comments:

Post a Comment