Sunday 1 November 2015

Time for a change

I've lived in this house for 7 years and in all that time, in spite of buying lots of bags of sweets for kids coming by for trick or treating, I've never had a single one til last night.

Of course that was the one night when I'd only bought a very small bag of goodies and had to go into my car for my mint stash to make it up as I had loads of callers. Typical!

But the most lovely thing of all was a 7 year old boy from round the corner who took one look in the house and said, 'Wow, I love your house.' We then had quite a talk about where he lives and his dogs (Vespa had joined in on the act by that time) and I think I pretty much got his life story. It was so cute and I came away smiling.

Also I came away hoping I wasn't going to get too many more visitors as, for the second time in one evening, I was running out of sweets and had nothing more in my car to supplement. I began to think I was going to have to put my final 4 apples into the bowl, but luckily there were no more.

Each day this week I've had to get my act together and today was no different. I had a Mindfulness practice day to run at home and, after the day before's conference, it's felt pretty full on this week, which culminated in a riveting Rugby World Cup that I'm so thrilled to say The All Blacks won (sorry Australian friends, it's just one of those things), but not without my expending a huge amount of energy while watching even though Vespa was desperately trying to calm me down.

But now I have to turn my attentions away from all that kind of stuff and get my suitcase out and packed. Time to get ready for my hols. Yes, in 4 very short days I jet off to the other side of the world for fun, frolics and skydiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment